Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by dylunio They are not conflicts, they are the files being updated. When click next it gives me a window sayin dependency conflicts and I don't wanna tell ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by dylunio
    They are not conflicts, they are the files being updated.
    When click next it gives me a window sayin dependency conflicts and I don't wanna tell it to ignore all and install anyways cause last time i did that, sure kde was updated but nothing else ran alway said missing plugins or such.

sorry for being a pain in the a@$

Just Joined!
    Oops, didn't see the new posts, so I just choose to delete? I'm going for it, hope I don't have to reformat again...!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercheifca
    Quote Originally Posted by dylunio
    They are not conflicts, they are the files being updated.
    When click next it gives me a window sayin dependency conflicts and I don't wanna tell it to ignore all and install anyways cause last time i did that, sure kde was updated but nothing else ran alway said missing plugins or such.

What are the conflicts? can you try and get rpm's for them at www.rpmfind.net?

Don't choose to ignore!
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!

Just Joined!
    Yes, and don't choose to delete the conflicting components.

I just finished my format and reinstall. Don't worry, I didn't lose anything

I'll see if I can find a place to host the .txt of the conflicts from yast. That way, one of you experts can analyze.

*EDIT*:

here is a copy of the text file that yast gives me. From what mastercheifca says, it looks like we are having the exact same problem too.
    http://up2.fastuploads.com/conflicts.txt

Just Joined!

A possible solution

Have any of you been trying to update KDE to 3.4 while running KDE? Perhaps that might be the problem. The reason I say so is because I (after messing up my installation when trying to update KDE) updated KDE right after installing before booting into KDE for the first time and the upgrade occurred without any such major incidences. It is just a suggestion. I hope this helps...

Just Joined!
    Try this.

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/11504.html

I seems adding both of the servers covers all of the conflicts. After you install it you have to restart for KDE to kick in. Otherwise you get some kind of strange WM going on. Also take a few minutes to browse through the list of packages, there are some entertaining games and stuff. (I suggest getting amarok the best music player I have ever used!!)

Just Joined!

dependencies

Hi,

If you do get a warning about dependencies. Change this in the change-> packages and look through each one. If the package requires a newer version of software that is not updated with this supplement, choose the option 'dont update' and if the package is made obsolete then remove it. For example kde3-organiser is replaced with kde3-pim so you can remove the old kde3-organiser. Make sure you have no dependancy errors before you upgrade!!! I made that mistake last time and lets just say I learnt the hard way
    Good luck!

When upgrading on a internal hardrive do the settings get imported and what are the requirements for kde 3.4 anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2