Results 1 to 6 of 6
Might seem stupid... but with Suse my internet connection is reeeally slow! Its a week old Suse Install. The same machine ran WinXP a few weeks ago and the net ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 04-05-2005 #1
Slow Ethernet (Internet) Connection only on Suse..
The same machine ran WinXP a few weeks ago and the net speed was a lot faster. I have a WinXP laptop that connects via wifi and even thought it has a low signal strength its a lot faster.
Ive tried downloading the same file (4+MB) and it struggles on the Suse machine and whooshes by on XP.
Ive tried Firefox and Konquror and its the same slow speed.
The Suse Firewall is off. I cant think of anything else to check.. Any Ideas?
Is there any utility to check the speed im getting on my machine? What could be slowing me down??
- 04-05-2005 #2
So are you using a Wireless card or a Wired Connection?
- 04-06-2005 #3Originally Posted by lakerdonald
- 04-06-2005 #4
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
1) Goto the file /etc/modprobe.conf while as ROOT (File Manager-Super User Mode).
2) Open the file with Kwrite and look for the line ---- alias net -pf 10 ipv6
3) Change the line to read ---- alias net -pf10 off ipv6 (just add "off")
4) Save file and close.
5) Shut down and reboot.
6) Start your browser (Firefox in my case) and try it.
- 04-06-2005 #5
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
- 04-07-2005 #6
The machine seems to be working fine after a reboot.. I tried making the change anyways...
Guess its one of those things that comes and goes..
Thanks for the help though..