Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hiya, After installing suse 9.2 and mucking about with it for a few weeks, I've decided to sack off my windows for good and want shut of it for good. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do i delete the windows partition through suse 9.2

Hiya,

After installing suse 9.2 and mucking about with it for a few weeks, I've decided to sack off my windows for good and want shut of it for good.

Without re-installing the suse and telling yast to remove the windows partition, then having to re-set up all my desktops and suchlike, is there a way to kill it off and reclaim the hard drive space ?

Thanks in advance,

LJH

Use YaST's partitioning tool. You can do pretty much anything you want to any partition on your system from there.

Start -> System -> YaST

(in YaST) System -> Partitioner
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Thanks mate. Wow do I feel foolish. I'm going to blame (thinks) MS mind conditioning there, making me look for an external proggy . .

YaST is extremely powerful...take a look around in there and see what you can find.

Congrats on ditching the "other" guys
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    What you could now do with doing is making the old windows partition your new home partition (presuming /home isn't already on one of it's own). That way if you upgrade or change distros you won't lose all your files if it breaks.

BUT, don't ask me how to move your old /home to the new space coz I've never done it!

Nik

Just Joined!
    Hmm. Thought I'd got it, and now when i click on the windows partition in my computer, (it now has a nice black icon) it tries to open it in wordpad .. ?

The yast, however informs me that I have 11.8 gig on /dev/hda1 of native linux.

hmmm.

what should I put in for the mount point info to get it working
    (I used the edit from the partition in yast to format and change the info ect) ,

or have I gone beyond that and off into the realms of breaking out DBAN and starting again ?

Waah.

You can specify anything you want as a mountpoint (be sure to specify a linux filesystem as well, like reiserfs, ext3, xfs, etc.). I don't think anything is broken, but you may have to reboot for the fstab changes to take effect.

- Jeremy S. Anderson