Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Can I be connected to two wiereless connections at the same time Linksys wireless router and other internet connection...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Lan

Can I be connected to two wiereless connections at the same time
    Linksys wireless router and other internet connection

In theory, I don't know of anything that would stop you... as long as your system was configured to handle some requests from this connection and some requests from that connection.

My only question is why on earth would you want 2 different connections at once?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    I have my wireless lan in my place and I am getting my internet from a neibor

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyd
    I have my wireless lan in my place and I am getting my internet from a neibor
    That is unethical, and actually is probably illegal as well.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux Newbie
    Well I talked to my neibor and we agree to split the bill so there is not a problem there

Completely different situation, then

I would make sure that you get at least an email from him, just so you have something in writing if he decides to be malicious for some reason and call the cops...it's good to be anal sometimes.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux Newbie
    thanks for the advice, now can I have two wireless connection going at the same time in suse and xp as well

In theory I would think it would be possible, but it might be easier to string your wireless routers together into one network, or to just switch configs when you want to use the home network.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux Newbie
    No couse I want to keep my lan a private one and the other just to go on the internet

Have you tried just setting the other router as your gateway? You could set that up in the DHCP settings in your router if you don't want to mess with static values.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast