Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm running a KDE desktop on SuSE 9.3 on an Intel P4 530 / Intel 915GAV / 512 MB DDR machine. I have problems with the drivers provided at my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Billion BiPAC 7000 ADSL USB Modem on SuSE 9.3 - how to install and configure?

I'm running a KDE desktop on SuSE 9.3 on an Intel P4 530 / Intel 915GAV / 512 MB DDR machine.

I have problems with the drivers provided at my ADSL USB modem maker's website at this address.

Here are the results of following the instructions in the driver file package. (You should read the instructions to understand the following.)

I start with the make command ('cause that's all I was able to copy/paste from Konsole):

d/e2> make
    gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fno-strength-reduce -DCPU=686 -march=i686 -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DLINUX -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c usbsndcm.c -o usbsndcm.o
    In file included from /usr/include/linux/list.h:7,
    from /usr/include/linux/mmzone.h:9,
    from /usr/include/linux/gfp.h:4,
    from /usr/include/linux/slab.h:15,
    from hasbani.h:28,
    from usbsndcm.c:20:
    /usr/include/linux/prefetch.h: In function `prefetch_range':
    /usr/include/linux/prefetch.h:64: error: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/include/linux/prefetch.h:64: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /usr/include/linux/prefetch.h:64: error: for each function it appears in.)
    In file included from /usr/include/linux/irq.h:20,
    from /usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:6,
    from /usr/include/linux/hardirq.h:6,
    from /usr/include/linux/interrupt.h:11,
    from /usr/include/linux/usb.h:15,
    from hasbani.h:29,
    /usr/include/asm/irq.h:16:25: irq_vectors.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from /usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:6,
    /usr/include/linux/irq.h: At top level:
    /usr/include/linux/irq.h:68: error: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)
    /usr/include/linux/irq.h:68: error: requested alignment is not a constant
    /usr/include/linux/irq.h:70: error: `NR_IRQS' undeclared here (not in a function)
    In file included from /usr/include/linux/irq.h:72,
    from /usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:6,
    /usr/include/asm/hw_irq.h:28: error: `NR_IRQ_VECTORS' undeclared here (not in a function)
    /usr/include/asm/hw_irq.h:32: error: `NR_IRQS' undeclared here (not in a function)
    In file included from /usr/include/linux/hardirq.h:6,
    /usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:13: error: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)
    /usr/include/asm/hardirq.h:13: error: requested alignment is not a constant
    In file included from /usr/include/linux/module.h:22,
    from /usr/include/linux/device.h:20,
    from /usr/include/linux/usb.h:18,
    /usr/include/asm/module.h:56:2: #error unknown processor family
    In file included from hasbani.h:32,
    /usr/include/linux/skbuff.h:30:26: net/checksum.h: No such file or directory
    make: *** [usbsndcm.o] Error 1
    samjnaa@linux:~/Documents/Linux/bipac-7000Linuxstandard/BIPAC-7000 Linux standard/e2>

---------------------------------------

Well, after the above, I don't see any CnxE2Fw.bin file (I am told that *n*x is case-sensitive BTW) but I see a cnxe2fw.bin.110502_rel10_E file. I rename this to the above then copy it to /etc, *after* having su-ed, which the instructions didn't tell me to do but without which I couldn't proceed.

But if I run insmod e2.o from any of the directories involved, I get a "No such file or directory error". I even tried insmod e2, removing the ".o". No use.

Now what to do?

Thanks in advance.[/url]

Banned
    If you are running KDE, why not configure the modem card with YaST? There's nothing wrong with manually configuring it, but SuSE sometimes gets cranky when you do things yourself. Plus, it might save you some headaches on the Konsole.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by DougMills
    If you are running KDE, why not configure the modem card with YaST? There's nothing wrong with manually configuring it, but SuSE sometimes gets cranky when you do things yourself. Plus, it might save you some headaches on the Konsole.
    Thanks for replying but it's not a modem card. It's an external ADSL modem that plugs into my USB port.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Banned
    YasT can configure external components. If the modem is working, SuSE should recognize it and allow you to set it up.

Just Joined!

Yast and BIPAC 7000 modem

Hi, I also have one of these and am running SuSe Linux 10.1. Yast does not find the modem yet alone configure it. I also am having trouble with this modem (which I bought because it came with Linux drivers!). Does anyone know where there is a list of ADSL modems that are compatible with Linux (SuSe in particular). I have not done a thorough search but have not yet found a hardware listing such as I used to find in the past.

Just Joined!

Angry Suse 10.2

I know this thread is pretty old but I have the same problem (EXCEPT it's on openSUSE 10.2).

It has detected the modem in "hardware information" but it won't let me config or add the USB modem into the DSL connection thingy.

When will someone ever come up with an EASY way for noobs to install this crappy modem.