Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Oh Crap. The joys of runing from MS. I'm not sure anymore what i put in there since i've deleted it. Maybe i'll give it another try and see what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Oh Crap. The joys of runing from MS.
    I'm not sure anymore what i put in there since i've deleted it.
    Maybe i'll give it another try and see what happens. I was not aware that there were two different params so close in spelling. Although the failsafe mode has it set as acpi=off and that won't boot. I think it has something to do with this X200 based board and the SATA drive.
    Register Linux User #388393

Carbon8
    Ah well you'll benefit in the long run,

cool avatar by the way (and site too),

I used to mess arround with povray (in the days when a 486 was the best you could get and to do raytracing you really needed an Math coprocessor... and they were separate chips)... alas I'm a biologist and IT person... not an artist... so photography became my choice for expression....

Nice talking to you
    Ian
    Registerd Linux user #119296

Linux Newbie
    Thanks Ian. I appreciate it.
    I've been trying to get off MS for a while now. Now that i have a copy of XSI for linux, and Eyeon Digital Fusion is porting to LInux, i'll be able to make the full transition. Being a programmer too will help, i just have to get up to speed on the unix/linux lingo.
    It seems more and more commercial software vendors are porting to Linux now, and it seems alot of animation studios in europe have already made the switch.

Povray... that brings back memories. Biology huh. That sounds like fun! What kind of biology are you in?

Cheers,

Greg

Plants & insects, though just computers now... working in labs is for younger people .. I'd love to see Adobe PS native in Linux, the gimp is great but my skills were honed in PS and transition is difficult

PS does pretty well in the codeweavers port of wine .... well untill I got a 20inch widescreen LCD and it all went pearshaped (not literally... just ceased working... maybe I should post on the subject)
    Registerd Linux user #119296

Linux Newbie
    ah. insects huh. that sounds interesting, until you mention spiders. Then I resort to feminine mode and scream like a little girl.

I'm not sure if PS will ever be ported. I'll be real curious to see what happens since adobe bought macromedia. I had read that Macromedia was porting flash, which would be nice since i use it alot.

I did buy crossover office standard. I haven't tried it yet. I'm not sure if PS CS2 will work in it or not. I should check their database.

The main things i will miss or need in Linux are Flash, Photoshop/Illustrator, and Vectorworks for cad. Everything else can go to file 13 for all i care.

Linux Newbie
    Regarding the time problem, i submitted a bug to the suse bugzilla site yesterday and they responded with "try 10.0 beta 1, we are not taking bugs for 9.3 anymore". I downloaded 10.0 beta 1 and it won't even install. Locks up every time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2