Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, guys, what's up? i have another quick question. I installed azureus, 2.3.0.4., and everything is fine. However, very often, it just suddenly exit for no reason. Sometimes it happens ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Azureus

Hey, guys, what's up? i have another quick question.

I installed azureus, 2.3.0.4., and everything is fine. However, very often, it just suddenly exit for no reason. Sometimes it happens when it just stats up, sometimes happens in the middle of the process...etc.

Is there something wrong with my settings or ? I uninstalled, reinstalled, but the problem is still un-solved. Any ideas, guys?

Thanks a lot for your help

I have this problem too, but only in SuSE, it was okay in other distros. I trawled the net to no avail. The one way to fix it is to install the Motif version rather than the QT version. It's a bit uglier but it does the job and is rock solid.

As an aside I would say upgrade to the latest version as there have been some changes, in particular :dht torrents. Makes it work a bit better. Just start Azureus as root (sudo is best) and run the upgradae. It's all java based anyway.

Just Joined!
    I had some initial problem on my Suse 9.3 box too with the same symptoms.

Finally upgraded my jre to 1.5.x. Everything solved.

You need not run it as root to get Azureus working. A normal user will do.

No not to get it running, just to run the upgrades on it, which are managed through the application.