Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Hmm ipconfig -a doesn't work for me. I am using Win XP and ipconfig /all works....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hmm ipconfig -a doesn't work for me. I am using Win XP and ipconfig /all works.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    I'm a dork. You'll have to excuse me sometimes. My brain just takes a smoke break or something without telling me. All this time, I was typing in "ipconfig /a" instead of "ipconfig /all".

I got the default gateway IP address and entered it the routing configuration in YaST.......AND IT WORKED!

But I have a question. When I move to another location and pick up a different WLAN, will I have to go through this all again?

Quote Originally Posted by FastZ
    But I have a question. When I move to another location and pick up a different WLAN, will I have to go through this all again?
    Yeah, unfortunately that seems to be the case. However, if there are certain wlans that you frequent often, you can create system profiles for them (yast -> system -> profile) and once that is setup, you can add a little profilechanger to your taskbar so switching profiles becomes easy.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3