Find the answer to your Linux question:
I tried this post on one of the other boards but no luck. Can anyone tell me if there are any or which is the best program for producing and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Photo slideshow

I tried this post on one of the other boards but no luck.

Can anyone tell me if there are any or which is the best program for producing and burning to DVD, photo slideshows. I am trying to find a replacement for Windows Photostory3 on my newbie SuSE 10 machine.

Thank you.

dvd-slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by mouse
    I tried this post on one of the other boards but no luck.

Can anyone tell me if there are any or which is the best program for producing and burning to DVD, photo slideshows. I am trying to find a replacement for Windows Photostory3 on my newbie SuSE 10 machine.
    Which is the best?? Thats a tall request. Plus I don't know Windows, so I haven't a clue about the app you mentioned. Hence I don't think I can answer the specifics of your question. But you could consider dvd-slideshow. It creates standard DVD video from a batch of pictures. Check out.
    http://dvd-slideshow.sourceforge.net/
    Hoewever, if you want a precompiled rpm from Packman, you will have to wait, as Packman only have SuSE-9.3 rpms for dvd-slideshow: http://packman.links2linux.org/?action=472
    I'm not keen on trying to compile it myself, so I am going to wait a few weeks. I suspect we will soon see an rpm on Packman compiled specifically for SuSE-10.0.

Just Joined!

Thank you

Thanks for the links. This does look like the app I need, I'll download and try.

Cheers friend.