Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I'm trying to read avi files that seem to have divx 5 codecs (dx50), i downloaded all xine win32 codecs and even managed to install divx4linux but nothing...still does not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Avi files are hell for linux need help

I'm trying to read avi files that seem to have divx 5 codecs (dx50), i downloaded all xine win32 codecs and even managed to install divx4linux but nothing...still does not recognize what file it is...HELLLLLLLLP i'm going mad.

Have you had any luck using MPlayer?

Just Joined!
    i've been trying to use this since i got suse but i cant manage to install it...i think its dependencies but have no idea how to get rid of them...i thought yast was supposed to do that automatically but it didnt

<insert suse-hating-rant here>
    Thus is the life in RPM Dep Hell...try reinstalling the codecs and then xine.

Quote Originally Posted by Riqz85
    i've been trying to use this since i got suse but i cant manage to install it...i think its dependencies but have no idea how to get rid of them...i thought yast was supposed to do that automatically but it didnt
    I've posted to your other thread to try to help you with this.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Consider improving your software package management

Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald
    When you finally get sick of dependency hell, you should give serious thought to:
    a. updating your YaST repository list so to semi-automate your dowloads/dependency fixes for 3rd party rpms, OR
    b. installing APT/APT4RPM, updating its repository list so to semi-automate your dowloads/dependency fixes for 3rd party rpms, OR
    c. installing 3rd party Smart Package manager, and using it to automatically sort out your dependencies.

Mind you, if you keep doing this the manual way (one rpm at a time), you WILL learn a lot more, ... assuming of course you like the "Yul Brenner" hairless look.

Good luck in your multimedia updates.

Just Joined!
    When you finally get sick of dependency hell, you should give serious thought to:
    a. updating your YaST repository list so to semi-automate your dowloads/dependency fixes for 3rd party rpms, OR
    b. installing APT/APT4RPM, updating its repository list so to semi-automate your dowloads/dependency fixes for 3rd party rpms, OR
    c. installing 3rd party Smart Package manager, and using it to automatically sort out your dependencies.
    Thanks for telling me how to do all this.

Re: Consider improving your software package management

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald

Mind you, if you keep doing this the manual way (one rpm at a time), you WILL learn a lot more, ... assuming of course you like the "Yul Brenner" hairless look.

Good luck in your multimedia updates.
    You forgot:
    Use Gentoo(c)(R)tm instead.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riqz85
    Thanks for telling me how to do all this.
    that was sarcasm by the way...

What the Hell is your problem? You asked for advice and this guy was nice enough to give it to you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast