Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have tried various distro drivers for this printer ..either slow printing or lite ie S600, Bjc 7004, Bjc 8200 although they print the quality is brutal! I have found ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trying to install Canon i450 printer >> Suse 10.0

I have tried various distro drivers for this printer ..either slow printing or lite ie S600, Bjc 7004, Bjc 8200 although they print the quality is brutal!
    I have found an i250 driver and canon pixus 550i that are supposed to work but I am requested that I am missing libpng.so.2 so when I try to install it I get all kinds of errors of conflict so I cancel. Any help would be appreciated!

Oh I have downloaded Turboprint and I don't feel like paying for their service as this is a networked printer with Windoz and Mac O/S 10 and works fine!

Thanks

Linux Newbie

libpng.so.2

Do a search for libpng.so.2 using yahoo.com - advanced search.
    Download it and install it then install your printer driver.

Just Joined!

libpng.so.2

libpng.so.2 causes crashes when you try to install ...been there done that. sorry still looking!

Just Joined!
    I have found an i250 driver and canon pixus 550i that are supposed to work but I am requested that I am missing libpng.so.2 so when I try to install it I get all kinds of errors of conflict so I cancel. Any help would be appreciated!
    Dude you can you send them to me or give me a link? Thanks So Much been looking for those forever. And what distro are you running?