Find the answer to your Linux question:
I managed to get 3d support on Debian by using the driver from Ati.. But since I discovered Suse 10. debian is gone out the window Anyway i cant seem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

ati problem (yes I know it sucks)

I managed to get 3d support on Debian by using the driver from Ati.. But since I discovered Suse 10. debian is gone out the window
    Anyway i cant seem to get 3d support when installing the Ati driver... and when trying to build a distro spesific package the installer seems to delete the package after making it?? can't find it...

I don't need full 3d speed just want 3d support... thats all... Oh! and spare me the Ati is crap talk.. because i already Know..

Just want 3d support... is that to much to ask in 2005....??

If you go into YAST Online Update, and look down the list of packages, you should be able to see ati drivers to install. I'm not 100% sure if this option will be here if you have OpenSuSE (not the retail version)...but it should be.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

you can look at this wonderful how-to although it is gentoo specific it everything should work for suse except of course "emerging" the package but the drivers are easy enough to download for ATI's website. Then look at troubleshooting section since many common problems are answered here.

http://odin.prohosting.com/wedge01/g...1_whichversion
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close