Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Originally Posted by i2kdave I tried the solution suggested by oldcpu and neopard, and it seemed to have worked, getting the correct soundcard recognized and configured, but I still don't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by i2kdave
    I tried the solution suggested by oldcpu and neopard, and it seemed to have worked, getting the correct soundcard recognized and configured, but I still don't have any sound when doing a test
    Sorry to read it did not work. You did move both the "slider bars" far to the right on your screen, when conducting the test? The PCM bar sometimes fools users, who mistakenly leave it to the left.

Just Joined!
    yep, I moved them both all the way to the right. I don't know what the problem is.

Have you checked the switch tag in kmix?
    May be something is off when it shouldn't be...

Check also the input-output ones. I know it might sound stupid but you never know

yep, I moved them both all the way to the right. I don't know what the problem is.
    I re-read this thread, and I did not see your answer to the question: "Have you turned off your motherboard sound in your BIOS". What applies to windows is not the same for Linux. Hence I think (assuming I am reading the posts in this thread correct), if you are going to use a sound card, you should turn off the mother board sound.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by neopard
    Have you checked the switch tag in kmix?
    May be something is off when it shouldn't be...

Check also the input-output ones. I know it might sound stupid but you never know
    where do I find these?

Linux Newbie
    There is no problem so complicated that you cannot find a very simple answer to it if you look at it in the right way

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu
    I re-read this thread, and I did not see your answer to the question: "Have you turned off your motherboard sound in your BIOS". What applies to windows is not the same for Linux. Hence I think (assuming I am reading the posts in this thread correct), if you are going to use a sound card, you should turn off the mother board sound.
    techieMoe said I should make sure the sound was turned on in BIOS....so you're saying I should turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu
    techieMoe said I should make sure the sound was turned on in BIOS....so you're saying I should turn it off?
    I was not aware you had onboard sound AND a sound card. If that's the case, you do indeed need to turn OFF your onboard sound.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure I get what you mean by saying I have onboard sound and a soundcard. I'm certain I have a Realtek AC'97 soundcard, maybe it is onboard? How can I tell? I don't see why I would have both.

Just Joined!
    windows lists my soundcard as PCI, so it must not be onboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast