Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
I know my hardware isn't broken because my sound works fine in Windows. I boot into Windows, sound is perfect; boot into Linux, no sound at all. There has to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I know my hardware isn't broken because my sound works fine in Windows. I boot into Windows, sound is perfect; boot into Linux, no sound at all. There has to be something wrong with SUSE, I have a very common hardware setup and it should work from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by i2kdave
    I know my hardware isn't broken because my sound works fine in Windows. I boot into Windows, sound is perfect; boot into Linux, no sound at all. There has to be something wrong with SUSE, I have a very common hardware setup and it should work from the get-go.
    I sympathise with your predicament re: sound. Reviewing this thread you were given a lot of good advise. If your hardware functions, and is as common as you state, then one piece of the advice given should work. .... I confess I'm left with a feeling that you didn't quite follow the advice as given, or perhaps the advice given wasn't clear enough, and your application of it was different than what was intended. ... You may wish to re-examine some of the advice given, and try again.

You noted initially that you downloaded the drivers for my Realtek AC'97 soundcard as a tarball. Did you untar and try to install those? ... If so, I am wondering if another possibility is your initial attempt to install the driver screwed up your setup, and that is blocking all other attempts? It may be worth while now to categorise what you tried, and determine if you did anything that needs to be undone.

Just Joined!
    I just went out and bought a Soundblaster Live! 24-bit soundcard, works great.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I ended up doing that after wrestling with my onboard sound a few years back. Glad to hear it's working for you.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Congratulations

Congratulations on getting working sound! And congratulations also, on your determination to see this through and get things working!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6