Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just discovered the enlightenment window manager and i really like it. But i don't know how to configure anything, and sometimes when i use the file manager it crashes. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Configure Enlightenment

I just discovered the enlightenment window manager and i really like it. But i don't know how to configure anything, and sometimes when i use the file manager it crashes. I suspect that maybe i'm missing a couple of packages, and i'm having a hard time finding some good documentation. Can anyone using enlightenment give me some suggestions?

oz
    forum.guy
    What version are you using? If it's e17, it's still considered unstable, so that may be why it's crashing. Tell us more...

Hey Ozar, I have enlightenment 16 installed (16.9 i believe).
    As for my troubles, i can't seem to find any configuration tools. Don't know how to get my internet connection setup, add programs, or even change the desktop background, i just can't see where to do anything! Sometimes when i open the file manager it doesn't show any files, just a blank box. Other times i open it and all the folders are there but when i open a folder it will crash.
    Any suggestions?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If it is 16.9999..., then you are using e17.

If so, you may want to look at the e17 user guide: http://www1.get-e.org/E17_User_Guide/English/

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

You would be correct! lol... At the login screen under Session Type i have an entry for e16 and enlightenment, i just logged in to e16 and it works. Still can't figure out how to change everything i want, it feels a bit alien after using KDE. Thanks for the help.

Could anyone tell me how to access the filesystem, add icons to the tray and change screen resolution in enlightenment?