Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm a newbie I've installed suse10.0 I think I doesn't have C - shell b'coz no C commands are working. Example: I edited a C file named new.c in vi ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

C shell

I'm a newbie
    I've installed suse10.0
    I think I doesn't have C - shell b'coz no C commands are working.
    Example: I edited a C file named new.c in vi editor and saved, after that when I gave cc new.c it say's cc command is not found
    Also I couldn't install driver for my modem since when I give make command it shows some lines and says gcc command is not found

What could be the problem can any one help me

I believe the development tools aren't installed by default.

Start up Yast, go to Software Management, and change the filter popup on the upper left to "Selections". Select the C/C++ Compiler and Tools, and off you go.

Also keep in mind that if you're compiling drivers you'll likely need the kernel source code installed too - so go for the kernel development option too.

DT

and it's gcc not cc, but i assume that you just mispelled it
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close