Find the answer to your Linux question:
it keeps telling my it cant load x windows because my screens to big (or something). Then it tells me something about memory being to small. not my ram but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux suse 10.0 monitor troubles

it keeps telling my it cant load x windows because my screens to big (or something). Then it tells me something about memory being to small. not my ram but the monitors memory. sumthing about needing 5000 (rough number) and only have 4000. i cant remember the measurements of the numbers. Im new to linux. i got the discs from a friends and it works fine on his system but messes up on mine. ive never even seen the gui on my installation so i couldnt have messed with anything yet. maybe i didnt configure the installation correctly. *walks off talking to himself*

when the computer starts to boot, use the arrow keys to select failsafe then press enter. when you get to the command prompt, log in as root. then type sax2 and press enter.you should be able to configure your monitor from there

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845