Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have done a bit of reading here and Im still not 100% clear if the evalDVD version is the same as the retail minus 90 day tech support with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

is the Avaluation DVD the same as retail?

I have done a bit of reading here and Im still not 100% clear if the evalDVD version is the same as the retail minus 90 day tech support with printed DVD box set and manuals.

I want to download the full version of SUSE 10 without and time restrictions and not a beta version full of bugs, please can somone confirm which version I should download?

it's as you stated and also, some proprietary software will be missing, have a look here to get most things working http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/42/

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Quote Originally Posted by LordG
    I have done a bit of reading here and Im still not 100% clear if the evalDVD version is the same as the retail minus 90 day tech support with printed DVD box set and manuals.

I want to download the full version of SUSE 10 without and time restrictions and not a beta version full of bugs, please can somone confirm which version I should download?

Your best bet is OpenSUSE. It is not beta, and is in fact the exact same OS you can buy. It just only includes Open Sourced Software. It is free forever, includes no manuals, and no tech support.

From what I have read, Eval is the same as the retail product without support or manuals, but do not quote me on this. If you got your information from the sticky: Downloading/Getting SUSE, scroll down for more updated information.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The evaluation version does include proprietary software afaik, it is called eval to avoid legal issues. There is no timeout or expiration.