Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
when you boot up your computer, try failsafe. when you get failsafe, log in as root. once logged in try typing sax2 to configure your graphics. if that fails, try, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

when you boot up your computer, try failsafe. when you get failsafe, log in as root. once logged in try typing sax2 to configure your graphics. if that fails, try, after doing the above, typing sax2 -m 0=vesa. thatt will give you basic graphics,so you will be able to log in as normal. then go to yast -> hardware ->graphics card & monitor & try configuring from there.

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaflyer
    when you boot up your computer, try failsafe. when you get failsafe, log in as root. once logged in try typing sax2 to configure your graphics. if that fails, try, after doing the above, typing sax2 -m 0=vesa. thatt will give you basic graphics,so you will be able to log in as normal. then go to yast -> hardware ->graphics card & monitor & try configuring from there.

andy
    I tried going to failsafe but the prob. it goes through all the hardware detection and then just sit there it said something like starting system resources and that;s it. There is no prompt to type sax2.

saltpetre, did you check the md5sum of the iso before burning? Sorry, but the only thing I can think of is to do a reinstall or perform a repair install.

Muito_Fofinho, boot into failsafe. login as root and run sax2, here resetup your graphics card and monitor if you can't find your graphic card, tell it to use vesa driver.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK
    saltpetre, did you check the md5sum of the iso before burning? Sorry, but the only thing I can think of is to do a reinstall or perform a repair install.

Muito_Fofinho, boot into failsafe. login as root and run sax2, here resetup your graphics card and monitor if you can't find your graphic card, tell it to use vesa driver.

I have checks the md5sum of the iso. the cds are ok. i have also reinstalled suse 10 3 times it;s the same prob. I dont; get this thing working i am screwed.

As for the failsafe mode i got it to work but its the same thing there is a blackscreen with a X in the middle.

How do i go to the prompt to type sax2.

PlZ help

Just Joined!

Driver

So where can i find a driver for Suse Linux 10.0 for the graphcis

ATI Radeon X600 256Mb

If someone knows a site, please post it here
    Thanks

@Muito_Fofinho
    you can get the ati drivers herehttps://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Muito_Fofinho, see this page for ati installs and SUSE.

saltpetre, I don't know why failsafe doesn't work. Try doing this instead: when grub loads, hit the "E' key and type "init 3" (without quotes) then boot into SUSE. Now login as yourself and run startx.

Post back what happens.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK
    Muito_Fofinho, see this page for ati installs and SUSE.

saltpetre, I don't know why failsafe doesn't work. Try doing this instead: when grub loads, hit the "E' key and type "init 3" (without quotes) then boot into SUSE. Now login as yourself and run startx.

Post back what happens.
    Tell when exactly to press E and type init 3. After i type 3 will there be a prompt to type init 3.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by saltpetre
    I made my installation using cds. I downloaded the iso file and burned it on to 5 cds.

ANyone out there how could help me!!!
    Did you checked your hardware will recognize suse

Quote Originally Posted by saltpetre
    Tell when exactly to press E and type init 3. After i type 3 will there be a prompt to type init 3.
    press 'E' when grub loads i.e. when you see the pretty splash screen where you select which OS to boot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast