Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am downloading SuSE 10 but i have seen many threads about SuSE 9.0 and 9.X so I am confused IS 9 better than 10. whts not there in 10. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SuSE 10

I am downloading SuSE 10 but i have seen many threads about SuSE 9.0 and 9.X so I am confused IS 9 better than 10. whts not there in 10. i mean wat else is not there except those commercial softwares. I used fedora core 3 for some time now m going for SuSE. So can someone clerify this point :/

Linux Enthusiast
    Read the Distribution Notes sitcky thread and this will answer all of your questions. Just look under the SuSE main thread, the one you posted this question to.

Just Joined!
    One more question I have searched this forum and found that People think that SuSE X.0 Versions Usually have some problems but I already have downloaded alot so will it be possible for me to just update to newer version (download just changes and not all 5 CDs again and again.) without downloading all 5 CDs again. as SuSE new version are coming so frequently. SO will there any way to Just UPGRADE and not reinstall SuSE again and again.
    Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Umair_Ahmad_Khan
    One more question I have searched this forum and found that People think that SuSE X.0 Versions Usually have some problems but I already have downloaded alot so will it be possible for me to just update to newer version (download just changes and not all 5 CDs again and again.) without downloading all 5 CDs again. as SuSE new version are coming so frequently. SO will there any way to Just UPGRADE and not reinstall SuSE again and again.
    Thanks
    Yes, since the release of OpenSuSE, the maintainers have started providing diff CDs that have only the things that have changed between releases. I was quite relieved to see this as I don't have broadband at home. You can read up on it at

http://www.opensuse.org
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants