Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok, im running AMD64 dual core 3800+ processor, dual boot, on xp right now, i have suse 10, I have a WUSB54g v4- wireless router, i cant get it to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help please

ok, im running AMD64 dual core 3800+ processor, dual boot, on xp right now,
    i have suse 10, I have a WUSB54g v4- wireless router, i cant get it to work, ive tried driver loader which ironically doesnt support the rt2500usb.inf yet.
    Ive tried ndiswrapper, after i install the driver, i do (sudo) ndiswrapper -l and it says,
    rt2500sub !invalid driver
    ive ndiswrapper -e and taken the driver out and put it back many times, it always says invalid driver. ive done this 1 that is like the rt2750 or something i cant really remember , it was like another driver installer and that didnt work.
    when i do iwconfig it says
    eth0 no wireless connections or somethin

rausb0 (lists the information of my driver and ESSID and all that, says link connectivity 0/70,
    so suse is recignizing my usb device as a wirless adapter but its not working, if i can get this adapter to work, then i can finally change to linux for good. I hate windows so much and i love linux and if i can get linux to work im going to switch over for good.

Just Joined!
    bump
    bump bump HELP ME PLEASE FOR ALL THINGS HOLY IM DYING HERE

Just Joined!
    bummmmmmmmmmp

You should wait more than 40 minutes to bump a thread. From the forum rules:
    -----------------------------
    "Bumping" threads - (Definition: "Bumping" - posting a reply in your own thread with the sole intention of making your thread rise to the top of the listing again) If you post and don't receive a reply after 12 hours feel free to bump (post in the SAME thread) again. If you feel the need to bump a thread it can sometimes be helpful to include any more relevant information if you have any to provide. Do not bump the same topic more than 3 times.
    -----------------------------
    Just a heads up

As for your problem, it appears that you are using an invalid driver for ndiswrapper as per your message. Have you checked the ndiswrapper wiki for the correct driver: http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...index.php/List

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    yea im using the right driver(s), notice the plural because ive tried each of the three on the wiki list. WHAT is modprobe how do i use it, what exactly is its function

modprobe will load/add modules to the kernel while you are running the OS. So for example, if I were to:
    Code:
    modprobe snd-intel8x0
    that would load my sound module.

Do man modprobe for more info.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.