Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just installed SUSE 10.0, and after rebooting for the first time I get the following: ---------- GRUB Loading stage1.5. GRUB loading, please wait... Error 22 (blinking cursor) ---------- Why isn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wtf...GRUB loading, please wait... Error 22

Just installed SUSE 10.0, and after rebooting for the first time I get the following:

----------
    GRUB Loading stage1.5.

GRUB loading, please wait...
    Error 22
    (blinking cursor)

----------

Why isn't Linux mainstream they ask...it's crap like this.

Just Joined!
    If I put the first installation disk in the drive, and book from then and choose "boot from harddisk" everything loads fine.

Just Joined!
    Try fixing GRUB via the cd you have. It has a rescue part on it which can fix you're bootloader.. I have also looked up error nr 22 in boot part 1.5 and it's this:

Code:
    22 : No such partition
    This error is returned if a partition is requested in the device part of a device- or full file name which isn't on the selected disk.
    Fixing the bootloader will probably work.

good luck.

puntjuh.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Are you using SATA? If so, what sata ports are you using? It seems that SuSE really likes it when you are using 1 and 2.

I dunno...I moved this around and a re-install fixed all my worries/

Just Joined!
    I have all my sata slots full.. so i can't really tell if i have had prob lems using 1 and 2 or others. But it's good that you're problem is fixed .

that's weird. why would loading the cd then telling it to load the hard disk work, but not loading directly from the hard disk? my initial thoughts are that something may be wrong with the master boot record. try using the install cd to fix grub as suggested. it must be the MBR pointing to the wrong place for grub.conf or something.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?