Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is a strange problem thats been happening for a while now. Ever since Suse 10.0 I cant access the scotia bank website https://www.scotiaonline.scotiabank.com/ The page only loads the top ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Can't Access ScotiaBank Website

This is a strange problem thats been happening for a while now.

Ever since Suse 10.0 I cant access the scotia bank website https://www.scotiaonline.scotiabank.com/

The page only loads the top bit and says loading but never does. I have no problems with other secure websites.

I've tried Firefox and Konqueror. Same problem with both browsers. I can view the source all the way down to the </html> tags

I thought maybe its my machine that goofy so i tried another Suse 10.0 machine and had the same problem!

Ive noticed that sometimes loading the page, stopping it and loading it again works to get the page to load. But once I login its the same story again. the pages just load the top bar.

Googling around i found a debian user that had a similar problem but no resolution.
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/.../msg03033.html

What could it be?

Specs:
    Konqueror: 3.5.1 (Using KDE 3.5.1 Level "a")
    Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060126 SUSE/1.5.0.1-5.1 Firefox/1.5.0.1

Yes, Cookies are enabled
    No, I dont have the firewall on.

Just Joined!
    I have suse 10.0 mysefl and i clicked the link in ur post and the page loads for me in just a matter of milliseconds. I tried with Mozilla FIrefox and konquerer.. both work for me. Not that this will help you but atleast you know it's not a suse10 fault.

check your dns if something isn't resolving quite right there it can cause problems
    Desktop: Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz 1.5 GB RAM Ubuntu/XP Pro
    Laptop: Macbook 2 GHz C2Duo 3 GB RAM OS X/ Ubuntu/ XP Pro
    Linux Registration #396559

Go 'Stros!

noob here...
    where/what should i check in the dns?

Just Joined!
    FWIW, it loaded great for me, as well. I tried it in Firefox, and it popped right up. Sounds like that if you are experiencing the same problems on machines in the same network, it is likely something like truoc444 suggests like your DNS servers:

YAST => Network Services => DNS and Hostname

At least, that's where mine show up. Double-check them with your system administrator or ISP or whatever.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmorris
    Sounds like that if you are experiencing the same problems on machines in the same network, it is likely something like truoc444 suggests like your DNS servers
    Let me explain my network. It's a home network with 5 computers connected. 2 Windows, 2 Suse 10.0 and 1 Mac. The other 3 machines can access the scotia website.. but the 2 suse machines cannot..

I checked the DNS servers... theres just my computer's host name.. nothing else checked and no other info in it..

Any other ideas???