Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
what file do i move and where can i find it??????...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question

what file do i move and where can i find it??????

In Firefox, at the top of the window there is a File menu. Click on that and select Open; that should open up a file browser. Use that to browse to /usr/lib/browser-extensions/firefox/beagle.xpi and click on Open. That *should* take care of it.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Ok so I tried what you said and I got a message saying that the fiel I had did not support firefox 1.5 so I went and gound the file that would and then put it in the same folder and treid it again. It now says that it will install when firefox is restarted but when I close it then reopen it it still gives me the same neeed to install warning.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Have you tried going into Tools -> Extensions within Firefox, uninstalling the old extension, then installing the new one?
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

With regards to upgrading firefox, I'm not sure if this is technically the correct thing to do but it worked perfectly.

I downloaded the latest firefox tar file from ftp.mozilla.org, extracted the contents, renamed the directory to lib, moved this directory to /opt/mozillafirefox and replaced the one there called lib with the new one (I actually renamed the original /opt/mozillafirefox/lib to something else).

This has worked perfectly with all plugins, links etc
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Yeah that worked. I went in as root and deleted the entire old extension file and then when I did what you said flatline it worked! Thanks everyone for your help, especially you flatline for sticking with helping me out. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2