Find the answer to your Linux question:
After much hard work, I have managed to bring together my wireless internet connection. However, for some reason, whenever I turn on the computer, I don't have an internet connection. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Why are my internet configurations not saved?

After much hard work, I have managed to bring together my wireless internet connection. However, for some reason, whenever I turn on the computer, I don't have an internet connection. I have to do 'iwconfig essid', 'iwconfig key', 'iwconfig key open', and 'iwconfig commit' (you get the idea).

How can I get Linux to set these settings on boot, so that I don't have to do it manually every time? I'm sure there is a way to resolve this, but I just don't know it.

Linux Newbie
    Scratch that. After a system-wide upgrade using YOU, something bad happened and now it doesn't recognize the wlan1 interface. I need to do everything over again, but now modprobe ndiswrapper is an 'Operation not permitted.'

Has this happened to anyone else?

if you have done an upgrade,it probably included the kernel. which will mean you have to recompile ndiswrapper if you compiled it previously,as it was compiled against the old kernel

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

and if using iwconfig or ifcenfig to config the interfaces the config will be whiped on reboot....
    so find the file that you are suposed to config the interfaces in and either place the iwconfic / ifconfig commands in there or use the real syntax in that file
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux Newbie
    I just found the answer on this page. Thanks to everyone who helped.