Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am on SUSE OSS 10.0. Initially, I had my wlan1 up and running with ndiswrapper, and I had an internet connection. Using iwconfig showed me the wlan1 interface. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

The wireless interface spontaneously disappears!

I am on SUSE OSS 10.0. Initially, I had my wlan1 up and running with ndiswrapper, and I had an internet connection. Using iwconfig showed me the wlan1 interface. I have a script in my /etc/init.d/ directory that deals with ndiswrapper on boot, and everything seemed to be working perfectly. I even restarted the computer to check that the internet connection would stay - and it did.

I shut down the computer for the night, and turned it back on this morning. Now iwconfig does not even show wlan1! For some reason, nothing about the wireless connection is working anymore. Has this happened to anyone? If so, how do you remedy it?

The fact that it was working just before I shut the computer down surprises me.

I appreciate any assistance!

you have to add ndiswrapper to be loaded at boot time I'm not sure where you do this in suse though. But for now you can manually load the driver
    as root do
    Code:
    modprobe ndiswrapper
    then

Code:
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    iwconfig wlan0 key xxxxxxxx   --if you have wep enabled
    iwconfig wlan0 essid "xxxxxx"   --obviously name of your essid
    dhcpcd wlan0 or dhclient wlan0  --depending on what dhcp client you are usin
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL