Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed Quicken 2002 via Wine on SuSE 10, and for the most part it seems to work okay but for a few things. I'm considering buying a newer version, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quicken on SuSE

I installed Quicken 2002 via Wine on SuSE 10, and for the most part it seems to work okay but for a few things. I'm considering buying a newer version, and was wondering of other forum users experiences and configurations using Quicken (running under wine, crossover office etc) on Linux. As opposed to using it with windows, or a linux equivalent. Any pros and cons would be helpful.
    Linux. Get Counted!! http://counter.li.org/

Okay, so i bought Quicken 2006. I try to install and i get this message:

Code:
    wine 'start.exe'
    Start a program, or open a document in the program normally used for files with that suffix.
    Usage:
    start [options] program_filename [...]
    start [options] document_filename

Options:
    /M[inimized] Start the program minimized.
    /MAX[imized] Start the program maximized.
    /R[estored]  Start the program normally (neither minimized nor maximized).
    /W[ait]      Wait for started program to finish, then exit with its exit code.
    /L           Show end-user license.

start.exe version 0.2 Copyright (C) 2003, Dan Kegel
    Start comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details run with /L option.
    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
    under certain conditions; run 'start /L' for details.
    Seemed odd until i realized that start is a command line option in wine, and also happens to be the install executable for the program. Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

Just Joined!
    I used to run Quicken 2002 under wine with no problem. When I bought Quicken 2005, I could not get it to load under wine. I then bought Crossover Office 5.0. Quicken 2005 runs well under it.

Have not heard anything good or bad about Quicken 2006. The only reason I left the 2002 version was because Quicken stopped the abilty to update stock prices online.

One thing you might try is give the full path to the Quicken program rather than just the program name.

Thanks for the reply, i actually tried a trial version of crossover office as well, but it went through the installation and gave me the same message in my second post. I don't know what else to do, except emailing the company and asking for 2005 version.

I copied the files on Quicken 2006 disc to my hard disk, renamed start.exe to install.exe, and could install the program in wine but not in cross over office. When i try to click on certain things in the program it asks if i want to install Mozilla Active X; whether i pick yes or no the program crashes. So i tried to install MozillaControl1712.exe via wine and it brings me to this dialog box:

Code:
    The Mozilla control was unable to detect where your 
    Mozilla layout libraries may be found. 
    You will now be shown a directory picker for you to locate them.
    I have no idea what drectory to pick, can anyone fill me in?