Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Linux won't boot up after changing bios setting

I'm just getting to know Linux so I apologize for my amateur questions.
    My SuSe 10 was booting up normally until I changed bios setting. (disabled touchpad in bios) It stops at login text page. When I change the bios setting back, it boots up as usual. Please could you help?

That may have futzed something with your X server...you could try fixing that via YaST or sax at the command line...the commands yast or sax2 should bring up ncurses-based interfaces at the CLI.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

thanks for the reply. Could you please describe it more in details? I've just migrated from Windows to Linux and don't know much about working in command line.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Sorry about the delay in my reply...when you boot up with the touchpad disabled, log in and type yast at the command line. This will bring up a DOS-like menu you can maneuver through via your mouse. There is a section (in Hardware I think) for your graphics card configuration/mouse/keyboard/etc. See if you can get to a point where you can test your configuration; you should be able to fiddle around quite extensively in there.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson