Find the answer to your Linux question:
New to Linux (SuSE 10.0 about 2 weeks) and have just about got the look and feel that I want with one exception, the blue\blue green background behind the Gnome ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Suse 10.0 Gnome Splash Background (After GDM Login)

New to Linux (SuSE 10.0 about 2 weeks) and have just about got the look and feel that I want with one exception, the blue\blue green background behind the Gnome splash AFTER loging in via the GDM but BEFORE the desktop is shown. I have seen several posts on both this forum and others concerning changing the color of this background on other distros, but those suggestions either a) had no efect or b) the files that were stated as needing changes could not be found. Any ideas specifci to SuSE?

What have you tried?
    take a look at
    http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9516
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    Basically, I have done a grep to find any file with "xsetroot" and changed the color afterwards to solid black or solid black (see xinitrc.template example below). One of the issues that I have hade with other suggestions is that they say to change xsetroot in the ~/.xinitrc file. However, I do not have a .xinitrc file in my home directory (and I have looked for hidden files); I do have a .xinitrc.template file and I made the change there but to no avail.

echo "$WINDOWMANAGER" | grep -q twm && xsetroot -solid black

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close