Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I'm sorry, but I've tried looking around in Yast and I can't find the place to download and install the kernell. How do I do this?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I'm sorry, but I've tried looking around in Yast and I can't find the place to download and install the kernell. How do I do this?

If you search for 'kernel' in YaST you don't see a huge listing of kernel related packages? Including the kernel itself?

Assuming you do, search for 'kernel' and only select 'Name' to filter to a smaller list of actual kernel modules. Then I think you should be able to right-click and select 'All in list->Update' to reinstall the kernel packages you need.

I am not a kernel expert and haven't done this specifically myself, but I think it should work. Anyone else have thoughts on this plan?
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

I just realized you said you installed from DVD, so you might not have an online yast source configured. If that's the case, try adding this in 'Change Source of Installation' (the CD icon in Yast):

Protocol: FTP
    Server Name: ftp.suse.com
    Directory on Server: pub/suse/i386/10.0/

I'm using SuSE 9.3 so my source is actually pub/suse/i386/9.3 so I'm guessing about what your directory would be. To figure it out, put that address into a web browser and search the ftp server for the correct directory for 10.

Hopefully you should see the kernel install packages at this point.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Here's the result of it:
    Code:
    It was not possible to create the origin of instalation from the URL 'ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/10.0/'
    Details: 
    ERROR(InstSrc:E_no_instsrc_on_media)
    What does this mean? Anyway, thanks for your help...

Ok, so that was the wrong directory. I'm not really sure what the proper one for Suse 10 is (it might be on a different server because it's now OpenSuSE), but that's what you need to find. Or the installation disc, you should be able to download the DVD iso and make one if you've got access to a DVD burner. Then you should have access to the kernel packages.

Good luck.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2