Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all. I am using the 64bit version of SUSE. The problem is when i use lets say for example Skpye, and then try to open up a music file ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Sound Problems with Linux.

Hello all. I am using the 64bit version of SUSE. The problem is when i use lets say for example Skpye, and then try to open up a music file it will not let me play the music file. It's like linux only supports one dedicated sound source at a time. In windows i can run skype, play music, games and so on without having conflicting sound problems. Does anybody know a work around with this?? I am using the onboard sound if you are wondering. Someone told me that i need a sound daemon but with i try to install it i get dependicie error. I was told to get here http://www.arts-project.org/ Thank you for your time on this matter.

AMD64 X2 4200
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deleuxe
    2GB PC3200 DDR2
    250 SATA2 HD
    Nvidia 7800GTX PCI-E 256MB

Just Joined!
    Do you have ALSA installed. Alsa sound server lets multiple layers of sound channel through a single card. I've had this problem in the past but alsa was a solution.
    If something is not installing through yast and gives and error about dependencys. It mean you need to install that lib or program. Google works at finding these packages.

How can you check to see if you have ALSA installed?