Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi everyone I was following this tutorial to configure SuSE to receive the Wi-Fi signal i have at home. I got to the part where it says to get the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Trying to get the Wi-Fi working

hi everyone

I was following this tutorial to configure SuSE to receive the Wi-Fi signal i have at home.
    I got to the part where it says to get the windows drivers copied to be installed... and i don't know which drivers it's talking about. is there some one who can help me with this?

i can get the Wi-Fi signal on my Windows perfectly, i'm using it right now, but i would like to get it on linux so i can access to this forum in order to configure my SuSE with your advises

Any help?thanx

the wndows drivers they are on about come with the wifi install disk, or you can download them from the manufacturers website
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Red face

Hi
    Following up on the subject... I've found driver's for my WiFi card on the manufacturers page. Thing is, I'm a bit confused because the file i've downloaded is a *.tgz file whereas the file type on the tutorial is a *.inf file.

Is there any possibility that this is the file for my driver and i just have to install it like it was a *.inf file?

Also, the guy that wrote the tutorial told me to look into the *.tgz file to see if there is a *.inf file. How do I do that?

Any help will be aprecciated!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Uncompress the .tgz, with:
    Code:
    tar zxf *.tgz
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

thanx

thing is, doing that,there are a lot of files inside it, but none is the one i'm looking for... anyway,thanx