Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Gaim and recyclebin

I am connected to internet through LAN and my LAN Admin uses ISA server On Windows.
    on Windows I use M$ ISA firewall client and i don't need configure anything i just need to run ISA client and everything runs fine without giving any proxy. but on SuSE i have to configure every proxy ok thats fine but i am not able to run Gaim messenger i have tried to give socks proxy in it but it says
    Connection error from notification server(
    Unable to connect.

i tried to give http proxy but not workin. i am using internet on SuSE. http workin fine ftp workin fine with proxies and i have checked socks also workin in windows but whts the problem here??

do i need to make some change in firewall settings or do i need to configure my LAN to configure my system for ISA server :/ can someone help only browser and SuSE updates are workin with internet nothing else.

also i cann't empty my recycle bin it says Access dined or some permission error i have to be in which usergroup to empty my recycle bin??

same problem plzzzz can u anyone help

same problem can anyone help

4. $spacer_open
    Arlington, VA, USA
    Are you trying to use GAIM for MSN? If so, I've heard that there are problems with it. I only use GAIM for AIM but I've heard AMSN is a good MSN messenger replacement for GAIM:

As for emptying the recycling bin, I don't know why you would need root permissions to delete trash from your own Trash bin but from your home directory, try:

cd .Trash
    rm *

They tell me its called the "Trash" in Linux.... Sorry no help...

You may want to run chown -hR username:users /home/profile/.Trash to get your trash rights back though....