Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone I have recently purchases a new dsl modem / router (netcomm nb5plus4) and it works fine with windows but not linux. I have tried a few different distros ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Manually Set Dns Address In Suse

Hi everyone
    I have recently purchases a new dsl modem / router (netcomm nb5plus4) and it works fine with windows but not linux. I have tried a few different distros (suse 9.3 and 10.0, Mandriva and Fedora Core 4 and Xandros 3), and so far only Xandros has worked as I can manully set the DNS address from my isp.
    The router is connected via ethernet and I cant try usb as I can reach the pc with an usb cable.

What I am wondering is how can I manually set the DNS address in suse (10.0 preffered) for my internet connection. I don't have any problem with the gateway address.

Linux Enthusiast
    Using SuSE 10, open Yast. Click on Network Devices and select Network Card. Once opened, click the interface assuming eth:0. Click the edit button and then click the Host Name/Name Server button. Enter your name servers here. This will manually configure your DNS server entries for your TCP/IP network configuration.

Hope this answers your question.

Just Joined!

fixed

Hey thanks heaps for that.
    after i put in the dns addresses for my isp i couldn't open google by name but i could ping it.
    changed the proxy to auto detect in firefox. and its all fixed.
    thanks once again

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close