Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have here a new SUSE 9.3/KDE machine attached to my little LAN. The Lan is run by my Linksys WRT54GX router/switch. Also on this LAN is this here machine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

9.3 machine can't use LAN

I have here a new SUSE 9.3/KDE machine attached to my little LAN. The Lan is run by my Linksys WRT54GX router/switch. Also on this LAN is this here machine and a laptop, both running WXP. All are connected by Cat5. Oh theres a printer too. More about that later.

I can't work out how to browse the shared folders on the Windows machines from the linux one. I've sussed out how to get Samba to let me see shared folders from WXP to SUSE but not the other way around.

Also, SUSE cannot see the printer on the network. The printer is actually attached to the latop, but it is shared and I have installed appropriate linux drivers.

Any help on either or both counts, please?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Just Joined!
    Oh, should just say, the SUSE machine can see the 'net through the router fine and gets an IP via DHCP.

So you want to see your XP shares from your SUSE machine? Simply launch konqueror and type the following into the address bar:
    smb://host_name_or_ip_address/path_to_share
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.