Find the answer to your Linux question:
i tried installing suse and ubuntu on my e-machine (it has an AMD 64 athlon chip with pretty much NVidia everything else...including the chipset i believe) and suse, fedora 4, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

good pc's for suse 10

i tried installing suse and ubuntu on my e-machine (it has an AMD 64 athlon chip with pretty much NVidia everything else...including the chipset i believe) and suse, fedora 4, and ubuntu coudl not detect my ethernet card and suse didn't really work that much at all. i like the setup of suse though and was wondering if anyone could let me know what a good pc with what chipset and other hardware (video cards, network cards, etc.) would be good to use. thanks

Rather than trying to fashion your PC to the distro, why not concentrate on fashioning the distro to fit your PC? I know of plenty of people who use SuSE and Ubuntu on all-Nvidia setups. Nvidia display cards are wonderfully supported in Linux. Why don't you choose a distro and we can help you get it configured.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    the network card was the problem with all three so i suppose i could get a new network card, but i was planning on getting a new computer anyways, and then having two, one with linux, and one with windows....ya know.

Well, if you're just going to be buying a new one anyway I suppose that's a different story. I'm sure there have been other threads asking this same question, though. Hold on and some industrious forumite will give you some links.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants