Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok so i boot my pc from the cd (i downloaded the 6 isos burnt them as images, etc) then theres a part that says "preparing your Hard Disk" so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Error: -3027

ok so i boot my pc from the cd (i downloaded the 6 isos burnt them as images, etc) then theres a part that says "preparing your Hard Disk" so it says "shring windows partition to 47 GB" then to make another partition and so on... when i select next it says once again "Shrinking Windows partition" and suddenly an error window appears saying

Error
    Failure ocurred during following action:
    Shrinking partition /dev/hda1 to 47.3 GB
    System error code was: -3027

someone told me to defragment my HDD a few times and that that would do it but i did, i defragmented the HD twice and doesnt work, the same error appears , should i defragment it more times or what should i do ? thank u in advance for any help!

Just Joined!

Exclamation Error: -3027

I have the same problem! I have found on most cases that defraging windows works, however, I have defraged my Toshiba Laptop 3 times now and still I am unable to install SUSE 10.1 off the Novell CD Set. Have you found another way around this?

I have had issues resizeing partitions with the suse install CD's before, so what I did was I downloaded the GParted Live CD and did all my partitioning from there. I would first though run "chkdsk -f" under windows to fix the errors that it made to the windows drive during resizeing.
    Registered GNU/Linux User #399198
    'Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.' -Steven Wright

Im srry I didnt get to this sooner

Ok, the problem you guys are having is you cannot alter a NTFS partition if the operating system (Win XP) was not shut down properly. You simply have to log into Windows and shutdown properly from startup. Assuming the drive has no errors.

Most likely this will fix your problem.