Find the answer to your Linux question:
Below is my .lst file. When I re-boot and ask it to start up in 2ooo I get a message that says te NTLDR is sot present ( or something ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual Boot Problems

Below is my .lst file. When I re-boot and ask it to start up in 2ooo I get a message that says te NTLDR is sot present ( or something to ta teffect). Any ideas as to what I need to do to make this thing dual boot? Thanks

# Modified by YaST2. Last modification on Sun Jul 2 09:45:11 EDT 2006

color white/blue black/light-gray
    default 0
    timeout 8
    gfxmenu (hd0,1)/boot/message

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: linux###
    title SUSE Linux 10.1
    root (hd0,1)
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 vga=0x317 resume=/dev/hda1 splash=silent showopts
    initrd /boot/initrd

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: floppy###
    title Floppy
    chainloader (fd0)+1

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: failsafe###
    title Failsafe -- SUSE Linux 10.1
    root (hd0,1)
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 vga=normal showopts ide=nodma apm=off acpi=off noresume nosmp noapic maxcpus=0 edd=off 3
    initrd /boot/initrd

title windows
    root (hd1,0)
    makeactive
    chainloader +1
    map (hd0) (hd1)

Just Joined!
    Hope you don't need anything from windows install seen this after virus

Windows install upto it finding your original install then repair/reinstall not recovery console though have seen you can copy a existing working of ntldr to the right place sounded negative though that way.
    I've had no joy had to do a complete install with Suse and then install with windows, couldn't even get the windows install disk to work on boot.

Major problems if your missing this file, link between mbr and boot as far as I'm aware its virus related, though maybe corrected.

Good Luck
    Stef

No need to worry about doing anything like that.
    Your grub entry needs one more line.

map (hd1) (hd0)
    after
    map (hd0) (hd1)
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    I'm intrigued, budman7
    Wish I'd known this piece of info when it happened to me, not sure it would of helped though.http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mis...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

My mate had a virus tried removing a piece of software went to reboot which maintained it was removing the ntdlr(Knowing what I know now Woh!!!), I put Suse on as this was the only OS I could even get to work, due to the lack of mbr interface between boot.
    Then it didn't even find windows, I had to use data recovery software after re-installing windows. All the info I saw regarding this problem from a windows aspect maintain its serious and difficult to fix.

Heres the M$ link http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318728
    Here might give you another option using recovery console
    http://www.informationweek.com/LP/sh...o=3&queryText=

Also found references to it could be booting from the wrong disk, but your implying that this is a known problem, that on installs it may knock out windows.
    I don't get why the ntldr would be missing, you've not touched it. It boots black without ntldr, can't even find a cd drive or couldn't with me. Grub loader should find the mbr reference for windows it fails to get the boot loader which means no cd,no hd? It's afterwards its gone looking for a windoze file thats not there or been moved.