Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have tried forwarding ports on router firewall and setting download limits, shutting down yast firewall etc.. but ktorrent dribbles along at less than 10kb/sec. anyone have tips on what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ktorrent extremely slow

i have tried forwarding ports on router firewall and setting download limits, shutting down yast firewall etc.. but ktorrent dribbles along at less than 10kb/sec. anyone have tips on what i can try next?

Just Joined!

Make ktorrent faster

Go to Settings->Configure->
    Change all speeds to 0. Change upload speed limit alone to 1kbps.
    Try it out.
    In SuSE 10.0, with ktorrent, my download speed in this setting reaches maximum 300kbps.
    My ISP gives me 2MBps connection speed.
    My modem and firewall settings are same as yours: router, firewall turned off.
    Speeds may vary even from file to file, depending on the number of leachers and seeders.
    To check if speed is fine for you, download SuSE 10.2 any version from their official site. Let download start and run for say 20-30 mins. Make 2 or three manual announcements. Then if your speed reaches same as mine, ktorrent is working fine. You may then stop downloading. This torrent is one of the fastest torrents i have ever seen.
    Your speed may vary.
    Suppose yours is a 1MBps connection speed then yours should reach 100-150 kbps downspeed in this setting.
    The culprit is uploads.
    Please send your results to sriramoman@yahoo.com
    Best of luck.

Just Joined!
    Disable DHT!