Find the answer to your Linux question:
kde is unable to start -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I get the following message when ever i try to log into my account . "The following installation problem was detected while trying to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Re:kde is unable to start

kde is unable to start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the following message when ever i try to log into my account . "The following installation problem was detected while trying to start kde. writing to the temp directory (/tmp) failed with the error 'input/output error' kde is unable to start and when i click ok the message is could not start ksm server.check your installation. For this message as well i click ook and go back to the login screen, any assistance to solve this problem is highly appreciated remember am noot a root user and am a newbie to linux thanks.

Help me with this please i thought this forum would help me as a newbie in linux or how do i get my questions to be answerecan you suggest another site.Thanx

Just Joined!
    I had something very similar when I loaded up Mandriva for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. I found a thread on here where someone else had exactly the same problem as me. Turned out to be the set-up of the video card.

I had guessed the settings 1st time through, as I had only just bought the machine 2nd-hand. But I was wrong. When I re-visited it, I noticed it always highlighted particular entries. After years of being bullied by Microsoft, I was not familiar with the gentler ways of Linux. It was telling me all along. I accepted the default selection and soon had KDE up and running.

Hope this works for you too. Please be advised that I really did only start using Linux 2 weeks ago, so take all this with as big a pinch of salt as you see fit.