Find the answer to your Linux question:
My keyboard started working oddly. At first I thought it was dead, but actually the system will not accept single key strokes but will accept typematic characters. It's barely useable ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Odd Keyboard problem

My keyboard started working oddly. At first I thought it was dead, but actually the system will not accept single key strokes but will accept typematic characters. It's barely useable after setting the typematic rate to very slow and the delay to a small value, but that's not a fix.
    This is SUSE 10.0 not recently updated runing KDE
    It only happens in one user account, another user account and the root account are fine, as is the login screen. The other user account worked under Gnome and KDE.
    It happens with several keyboards, PS2 & USB
    rebooting does not help
    playing with various parameters in YAST & SAX did not help
    Everything was working fine for a long time (months)
    I was playing with screen wall paper settings and had selected random slide show mode when it happened. turning that off did not help.
    It is possible but not likely that a key got held down for a while thus generating lots of key strokes.
    I don't see any sort of unusual CPU usage.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Just Joined!

Odd fix

It's fixed, somehow the "slow key" option under accessibility got turned on. There's a bug in there somewhere.