Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I just moved into a new residence, and the internet connection is automatically detected by windows. Yet the IT support doesnt provide any help or support for Linux. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet Connection in Suse Ent. 8 URGENT

Hello,

I just moved into a new residence, and the internet connection is automatically detected by windows. Yet the IT support doesnt provide any help or support for Linux. I tried playing with Yast, but didnt work. netstat gives me that their is activity, and Yast also can detect my network card on eth0. But i cant get the connection to work on Suse. please help its urgent.

p.s.: i did an ipconfig on dos cmd prompt, and i got the default gateway, but the IP is dynamic so i dont think its of use.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

So you use DHCP?

Try running "dhcpd" in a command line as root or look for a configuration on YaST to get DHCP working. Or you may put the ips you found with ipconfig under Windows
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums