Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've added a BF-810 USB Serial Adaptor to my SUSE Linux (Novell Linux Desktop 9) based computer. My initial impressions were that the device was working, but further testing revealed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Problem with BAFO BF-810 USB Serial Adaptor (PL-2303 driver)

I've added a BF-810 USB Serial Adaptor to my SUSE Linux (Novell Linux Desktop 9) based computer. My initial impressions were that the device was working, but further testing revealed that while I was able to receive characters from the external device connected to the adapter, I can not send any characters. Presently I'm working with a 2-3 loopback in place. The port is configured for NO handshake. Everything looks normal in /var/log/messages, with the device being recognized and the PL-2303 driver being associated with it. I know the device to be good, as I installed its driver on my Windoze box and it worked perfectly, both sending and receiving characters to/from my external device.

Additional information...

I've continued banging on this and have gone so far as to loop-back the hardware handshake lines (1-4-6,8-7). The bad news is this has made no improvement in the situation (which I didn't really expect it to). Also tried changing the port to hardware handshake with the loopbacks in place. Still no joy. I see reports on the Internet of other people successfully using this device with Linux, but it sure isn't happening for me.

Just Joined!

Unhappy Any luck?

Hello Rex,
    I am having the same problem with Ubuntu also. Did you solve this issue?

Anand

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, asarangaram!

Please start a new thread of your own describing any problems you are having with Linux. This thread is almost 3 years old and the thread starter hasn't logged in since posting it, so he/she is probably no longer monitoring the thread.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    oz