Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, im new to SUSe jus installed it today 10.2, not linux, was using mandriva previously, i used madwifi rpm to install my wireless card and it basically did it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Network Manager

Hi, im new to SUSe jus installed it today 10.2, not linux, was using mandriva previously, i used madwifi rpm to install my wireless card and it basically did it by it self, but i seem to be having trouble with this on SUSE, i ahve d-link dwl g520 atheros AR5213 i think, i dont think ie ver got the Ndiswrapped working with it for mandriva, so im looking for the madwifi way, i tried to install madwifi-0.9.2.1-0.1.src.rpm and it said the "following packages could not be installed on medium: madwifi" ........ so i tried madwifi-0.9.2.1-0.1.i586.rpm i blieve that installed correctly, now after that i dunno what to do, i tried some stuff fooling around in the command line, i followed this http://en.opensuse.org/Atheros_madwifi didnt seem to work, dont have the smart command............ but yeah so this is long enuf already, so can some help me to see if i installed correctly and how to set up the network manager? plse and thank you

Just Joined!
    oor even just have a link that tells me how to configure the network manager, or to get my internet up and running

To get to the NetworkManager:
    YAST > Network Devices > Network Card. There you can enable the NetworkManager and configure any network cards found.
    registered Linux user #388382

Have you checked here first?

Just Joined!
    okay i think ive just done that, i go throw netword card and set it up, but how can i see the list of networks that my wireless card picks up?, i know theres 5 or 6, i piked them up iwth windows and mandriva before

Just Joined!
    nvm, i was jus being a dumbass a simple restart got it working