Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! Does anyone know what's the release date for SuSE 9.1 in Europe (or SUSE, that's my next question )? I read on their site "begin may" somewhere in April, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

SUSE 9.1 Release date+SuSE, suse, SUSE, or what?

Hello! Does anyone know what's the release date for SuSE 9.1 in Europe (or SUSE, that's my next question )? I read on their site "begin may" somewhere in April, so I figured by now they would have a more precise date.. but they don't, and I can't find it anywhere.. It seems that some ppl already have it, but my local bookstore, called 'Gianotten' btw, in Tilburg, doesn't have it yet, while they've sold RedHat and SuSE/SUSE for some years now, and even have a nice, big logo saying "[SUSE/SuSE logo] The linux experts" So I was wondering if anyone knows a release date or has already bought it (where?).

2nd question: Is it SuSE or SUSE? I thought there was something about it changing.. Their logo is SuSE, but the site (www.suse.com) says "Welcome to SUSE LINUX", and that (logically) confuses me.. Is it SUSE or SuSE?!?

Thanks!

Linux Guru
    You can download suse 9.1 from here:
    ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/

If you want to buy in Europe, check out one of those horrible "pcworld" shops, or a local computer fair on a sunday if there is one near you.

with regards to its name, i suppose it doesnt really matter either way

Jason

Taz
    Just Joined!

Re: SUSE 9.1 Release date+SuSE, suse, SUSE, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by guest
    Hello! Does anyone know what's the release date for SuSE 9.1 in Europe (or SUSE, that's my next question )? I read on their site "begin may" somewhere in April, so I figured by now they would have a more precise date.. but they don't, and I can't find it anywhere.. It seems that some ppl already have it, but my local bookstore, called 'Gianotten' btw, in Tilburg, doesn't have it yet, while they've sold RedHat and SuSE/SUSE for some years now, and even have a nice, big logo saying "[SUSE/SuSE logo] The linux experts" So I was wondering if anyone knows a release date or has already bought it (where?).

2nd question: Is it SuSE or SUSE? I thought there was something about it changing.. Their logo is SuSE, but the site (www.suse.com) says "Welcome to SUSE LINUX", and that (logically) confuses me.. Is it SUSE or SuSE?!?

Thanks!
    Hello,

I got my SuSE 9.1 through Amazon.de "Germany" Ordered it Sunday and received it on Tuesday morning. Have not had the chance to get it up and running yet, but hope to shortly.

Reference the name, as far back as I can remember it was SuSE. But I guess one could use either? :P

Taz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I have just read on a mirror of SuSE's FTP site that the ftp install of SuSE 9.1 is being worked on and should appear in the next few days.

as for what it's actually called, i believe it to be SuSE, but as jason said, it doesn't really matter hugely.

edit: A mate has just told me that SuSE will be available for downloaded install from 4th June.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdousley
    I have just read on a mirror of SuSE's FTP site that the ftp install of SuSE 9.1 is being worked on and should appear in the next few days.

as for what it's actually called, i believe it to be SuSE, but as jason said, it doesn't really matter hugely.

edit: A mate has just told me that SuSE will be available for downloaded install from 4th June.
    I'm not waiting till June :P And I want to support SUSE/Novell and I want a nice box with printed manuals and so

It's called SUSE, I think.

Distribution SUSE LINUX (formerly SuSE Linux)
    source: distrowatch.com

I've reserved SUSE 9.1 Personal at a bookstore not so far away from here, so I'm picking it up soon

Thanks all

Q: Why can guest make a new topic here, but can't reply? :S