Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I experienced some problems after installing Suse 9.0 and I hope you can resolve for me. The problem is: during installation yast has no difficulties to charge the mouse ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Suse 9.0 and mouse

Hi, I experienced some problems after installing Suse 9.0 and I hope you can resolve for me.
    The problem is: during installation yast has no difficulties to charge the mouse drivers (I have an optical mouse ps2 buttons and wheel). After first boot the mouse stops and I can't use it and I thought that maybe the problem was the optical mouse itself. So I changed it with another ps2 ball mouse but it was the same.
    So at the end I have applied a serial connector to the ps2 ball mouse connecting it to the com1 and this seems to be the only way to let Linux charge the mouse. I've tried to change the door from com1 to com2 and it has been a disaster because it has locked keyboard too. At this time I've thought at an IRQ problem but I don't know how to set this parameter inside linux.
    What do I have to do? I'd like to use my optical mouse because yast has the drivers (I've done installation with that!). But even if si not possible to use it, I don't understand why I can't have a ps2 mouse and I have to apply the serial connector instead.
    I hope from the deep of my heart you can help me because it is several time I have this problem.
    Thanks.
    Kappa

Linux Newbie
    I am assuming that your problems with the mouse are NOT while running console-based (because noone does that)...

The thing is, I don't think anything is wrong with your mouse, it's probably just configured wrong...

for me (or anyone else ) to know how to fix this, heres what to do

open /etc/X11/XF86Config in your favourite editor

find the section that looks like
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
         Driver "mouse"
    EndSection
    and then post that section back here so we can have a look at it =)

/ooop

Just Joined!
    Thanks a lot but since I've installed SuSe9.1 I've experienced no problem anymore. Thanks a lot anyway.
    Kappa