Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, How can i change my linux Suse theme, i get some information anout how to do in kde-looks but the option theme in the control center dont allows any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

install Linux suse theme?

Hi, How can i change my linux Suse theme, i get some information anout how to do in kde-looks but the option theme in the control center dont allows any change.
    somebody knows another way to change the linux Theme?
    thanks in advance.

Eazy

Go to places in your bottom menu then Desktop or places>Control Center(not yast, it has a wrench and screw driver as icon)

Scroll down to themes and open it up. On the right open up the button theme details, now the easy part

I havn't been able to get full packages to work but i have been able to change all the details manually. Click the "theme details button" and then DRAG AND DROP. I use http://art.gnome.org/themes and download one of "borders, app controls ext..) and then drag the entire rpm file into the theme detail window, it will confirm. You are then able to delete the rpm.

I'm not sure about installing a whole theme. They have said to install .tar files into /home/"yourname"/.themes But i couldn't find access from the terminal. Some come in a unique app that is able to install by drag and drop but mine doesn't work.

Just Joined!

Control Center/Personal Settings

There are several ways to modify your layout settings. Open your Control Center (or Personal Settings in some versions of SUSE). Go into APPEARANCE AND THEMES and there is a ton of stuff you can change in there. Change the window decorations, how the buttons look, what icon set your system uses, and such things here. You can also go to PERIPHERALS => MOUSE and click on the CURSOR THEME tab to change your mouse pointer. You can get mouse cursor themes and icon sets from kde-look.org and then pull them in through the Control Center. Hope that helps.