Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there an equivalent for Microsoft Publisher 2003 for Linux. OODRAW is not even close and will not read the .pub files from Publisher. This is the only thing holding ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Microsoft Publisher Equivalent

Is there an equivalent for Microsoft Publisher 2003 for Linux. OODRAW is not even close and will not read the .pub files from Publisher. This is the only thing holding my wife back from going completely to Linux?

Just Joined!
    As far as i'm aware i dont think there is anything that opens .pub files other than publisher itself....you could try and install an early version of publisher (97/2000) in crossover office.....i have office 2000 installed and it runs fine....never tried publisher as i dont really have a need for it.

Never tried it but looks interesting Don't know if it opens PUB files, I don't think it does MS proprietary stuff. As I understand MS can't get it rught between version.

http://www.scribus.net/

Ok, so what is crossover office?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthOpto
    Ok, so what is crossover office?
    It is a commercial version of Wine.

http://www.codeweavers.com/

It is optimized to run MS office

I use win4Lin to run my Windows apps on. Works great and the cost is extremely reasonable and it prints, and mounts cd/dvd's naively from windows with a easy setup and install process that is very well documented.
    You can also use vmware server to do the same and it's free but it's far from easy and I have yet to get printing and the such configured to work.
    Crossover has some problems in that it is not 100% compatible where if you are running windows itself, no problems.
    Both win4lin and vmware do have limitations, much less than crossover, but check them out and see maybe what you are looking for.