Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I tried to start it, I encounter this error: macho@linux-wwtz:~> su Password: linux-wwtz:/home/macho # cd linux-wwtz:~ # opensuseupdater DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Opensuseupdater

When I tried to start it, I encounter this error:

macho@linux-wwtz:~> su
    Password:
    linux-wwtz:/home/macho # cd
    linux-wwtz:~ # opensuseupdater
    DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
    DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
    kbuildsycoca running...
    opensuseupdater: ERROR: DCOP error.
    opensuseupdater: ERROR: DCOP error.
    linux-wwtz:~ #

Any ideas?. Help please.

What release of SUSE are you using? I think opensuseupdater has been replaced by zen-updater now.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    What release of SUSE are you using? I think opensuseupdater has been replaced by zen-updater now.
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I disabled zmd about a week ago. I've been updating with YaST. I'm running suse 10.2 Today I decided to run "opensuseupdater from the console. Funny thing is, it might be complaining, but it's working. It just dowloaded 3 security updates. I had'nt noticed the new globe in the tray, when a message came up: "3 updates available". As it is I have to reload it every time I reboot. Is there a fix for fstab?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    No you just need to add it into your session startup. Add a shortcut in ~/.kde/Autostart if you use KDE or go to gnome-session-properties and add it there if you use Gnome.

Linux Newbie
    No you just need to add it into your session startup. Add a shortcut in ~/.kde/Autostart if you use KDE or go to gnome-session-properties and add it there if you use Gnome.
    Thanks a lot!

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite
    Thanks a lot!
    I'm going to need more help. Where do I find it? (I looked everywhere). And what's the exact syntax of the change in the file once I find it?. Sorry to be so dumb in Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite
    I'm going to need more help. Where do I find it? (I looked everywhere). And what's the exact syntax of the change in the file once I find it?. Sorry to be so dumb in Linux.
    No drivers are born with steering wheels in their hands

Are you stuck with adding it to the startup programs? Which desktop environment are you using?

Linux Newbie
    No drivers are born with steering wheels in their hands

Are you stuck with adding it to the startup programs? Which desktop environment are you using?
    I'm using Suse 10.2 I looked in /etc, /var, /etc; I found a "gnome" somewhere, but didn't find "session". So, you are right. I need to be pointed with more precision. Until I become more familiar with the file system in Linux I will continue to stumble.

Linux Newbie
    I stopped the foolishness of opensuseupdater and I'm using smart. It's the best decision I've made in my short life as a Linux user. I recommend Smart to everyone.