Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all, i am using Suse Linux10.1 as dual boot with WindowsXP Professional. in my system ntfsprogs-1.11.2-13 and ntfsprogs-fuse 1..11.2-13 packages are installed. i checked it from kpackage. but when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ntfs-3g command not working and how to open .chm files in linux

hi all,

i am using Suse Linux10.1 as dual boot with WindowsXP Professional. in my system ntfsprogs-1.11.2-13 and ntfsprogs-fuse 1..11.2-13 packages are installed. i checked it from kpackage. but when i try to mount the ntfs filesystems using the command

ntfs-3g /dev/hdb1 /windows/E -o silent,umask=0,local=en_US.utf8

system simply says ntfs-3g command not found. i even tried by running the "modprobe fuse" command but still no use. please tell me how to access my NTFS partitions.

one more thing, i have lot of books in .chm format( windows help file) is there any application in Linux which can open these books.

Thanks in advance.

Did you install ntfs-3g?

Quote Originally Posted by Raghug View Post
    i am using Suse Linux10.1 as dual boot with WindowsXP Professional. in my system ntfsprogs-1.11.2-13 and ntfsprogs-fuse 1..11.2-13 packages are installed. i checked it from kpackage. but when i try to mount the ntfs filesystems using the command

ntfs-3g /dev/hdb1 /windows/E -o silent,umask=0,local=en_US.utf8

system simply says ntfs-3g command not found.
    At the risk of asking the obvious, did you install ntfs-3g? Last I recall, it needs to be installed separately and does NOT come with ntfsprogs nor ntfsprogs-fuse.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghug View Post
    hi all,
    one more thing, i have lot of books in .chm format( windows help file) is there any application in Linux which can open these books.
    Try to right-click the .chm-file and then choose "preview in KChMPart"
    (I am using SuSe 10.2)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks. now it works.